I’m in the Mom market, not because of any slick marketing research or anything like that. It was just the most natural thing for me. After all, I am a Mom. I’ve worked in UNICEF for 14 years. Plus, I’m a certified childbirth educator. So naturally, issues about being a Mommy are interesting to me.
So I was very pleased when I came across this list of Top 10 Reasons the Mom market rocks. It’s from Mom PLR eBooks (affiliated), a service which makes it easy to tap into this market.
So here are the Top 10 reasons why the Mom market rocks:
1. Moms make up a huge market. There are over 80 million Moms in the United States, with 1.4 million new Moms giving birth for the first time every year (US Census).
2. Moms send a lot of money. Moms spend $1.3 trillion every year (Marketing to Moms by Maria T. Bailey, 2002). Have I mentioned the Mom market is huge?
3. Moms make a lot of buying decisions for their homes and families. Moms account for about 50% of spending on consumer electronics, food, health and beauty aids, home furnishings, and clothing (MRI, 2004). If you’re still looking for products to promote to the Mommy market, let this guide you.
4. Moms are web savvy. About 70% of Moms surveyed say they use the Internet to research before buying products (Marketing to Moms, 2002).
5. Moms like to shop online. The majority of Moms say they buy products online (Marketing to Moms, 2002). I told you, you’re in the right place. Internet marketing is the way to go!
6. Moms read their Email. Moms check their Email messages all day long (Lucid Marketing & BSM Media). Whoever said Email marketing was dead, was wrong.
7. Moms take Email messages to heart. 71% of Moms say their buying decisions are influenced by Email messages (Lucid Marketing & BSM Media). Not only do Moms read your Emails, they act on them, too.
8. Moms make things go viral. 80% of Moms say they forward useful Emails to their friends (Lucid Marketing & BSM Media 2004). So make your Emails useful!
9. Moms buy, not only for their spouses/partners and children, but for their parents as well. Up to 40% of Moms reportedly are involved in purchases for their aging parents (Marketing to Moms Coalition, 2007). This is a wonderful insight – let’s remember that Moms are somebody’s children, too.
10. Moms rely on their communities or tribes. 64% of Moms say the recommendations of others influence purchases they make for their home (Marketing to Moms, 2002).
Wow – it looks like Moms really hold the purse strings in the American economy. Plus, they’re serious information seekers and savvy Internet users.
If you market to Moms, it’s clear that you need to provide genuinely useful information in order to gain their trust – and their business. A service that makes this super-easy and affordable, and one that I myself use (shhh, that’s a secret!) is Mom PLR eBooks (affiliate). If you want to try it out, use coupon code “momsrule” (without quotation marks) to get $10 off your first month of membership.
When I went into the Mommy niche, I was following my heart. Turns out my heart was right!
Client Testimonials: Templates and WordPress Plugins to Use
Podcasting Tips for the Savvy Entrepreneur
How to Pay Down Debt: 10 Steps from a Bankruptcy Survivor
How to Run a Successful Business (and Still Have a Life!)
From Exhausted Freelancer to Happy Entrepreneur (Angela Wills’ Journey)
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new window. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.