Is podcasting the present—and future—of content marketing? Or is it too late to get in the game? Is it even worth it?
Join me as I interview Megan Dougherty, business and management strategist, about this intriguing platform called a podcast.
Megan Dougherty is the co-founder of One Stone Creative, a company that specializes in creating podcasts that build businesses.
Did you know:
- There are over 500,000 active podcasts on Apple today?
- 80% of podcast listeners listen to most or all of each podcast episode they follow?
- The average podcast is abandoned after just 12 episodes?
If you’re struggling to get traction with your podcast, or are thinking of starting one, watch the video to discover if podcasting makes sense as a growth strategy for your business:
Listen to the Interview
Podcasting Tips and Insights
Here are the highlights of the interview:
- When is podcasting a good idea for a business to do? (04:41)
- How much time is required to create and publish a podcast? (05:18)
- What equipment do you need to produce a podcast? (06:38)
- What are some of the goals that a business can achieve through podcasting? (07:54)
- Is it realistic to expect to make money from a podcast? (08:58)
- How do you measure the audience reach of a podcast? (10:10)
- How long should a podcast be? (11:13)
- What’s the best frequency? (12:00)
- How has podcasting changed in the last couple of years? (13:10)
- Has it become too crowded or is it still possible to stand out and get a piece of the pie? (15:34)
- What are the best ways to promote your podcast? (16:16)
- What’s at least one thing you wish your podcasting clients knew before they hired you? (17:42)
- What are the most common mistakes of new podcasters? (18:53)
- Should you podcast in video or audio? (19:40)
- If you could work with anybody on their podcast, who would you work with and why? (21:06)
Have you ever thought of podcasting as a way to build your business? Or if you already have a podcast, how has it helped your business?